Curriculum and Pupil Issues Committee
Terms of Reference
- To review, monitor and evaluate the curriculum offer.
- To develop and review policies identified within the school’s policy review programme and in accordance with its delegated powers (e.g. sex education and pupil behaviour/discipline).
- To ensure that the requirements of children with special needs are met, as laid out in the Code of Practice, and receive termly reports from the headteacher/SENCO
- To review, adopt and monitor the equal opportunities policy - taking into account the Equality Act 2010 and the public sector equality duty i.e. to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations
- To provide a safe and secure environment for all staff and students. Under the Counter Terrorism and security Act 2015, we have a duty to safeguard young people from being drawn into terrorism and to promote British values.
- To advise the Resources Committee on the relative funding priorities necessary to deliver the curriculum.
- To monitor the school’s publicity, public presentation and relationships with the wider community.
- To identify and celebrate pupil achievements
- To oversee arrangements for educational visits, including the appointment of a named co-ordinator.
Membership of the Committee
All eligible governors