Are you entitled to Free School Meals?
Families who are eligible for FSM include those on:
- Universal Credit, if your household income is less than £7,400 per year
- Child Tax Credit, without Working Tax Credit, if your household income is less than £16,190 per year
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESAIR)
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSAIB)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run-on
To see if you are eligible for Free School Meals with Rochdale Council, please click here and complete the electronic form. You will get an immediate response as to whether you are eligible or not and will not be required to fill out any further paperwork. Rochdale Council will process your application and they will send you a letter to inform you of the outcome. Please bring a copy of this letter to the school office then we can update your child’s record. Please note any school meals taken will need to be paid for until eligibility is confirmed.
For every pupil registered as eligible under the criteria above, the school will receive an additional "Pupil Premium" funding of £1450 per child which is spent on ensuring our children are supported to make the best possible progress in school. This is also used to enable access to facilities, clubs, and subsidise trips.
We encourage as many families as possible to apply for free school meals, so that we receive our maximum Pupil Premium funding.