Free School Meals
To qualify for free school meals, yourself or your partner must receive one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (JSAIB)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESAIR)
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (but no entitlement to Working Tax Credit) and your yearly income is less than £16,190
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit where your Working Tax credit has continued for a four week period after your employment finished, and your yearly income is less than £16,190
If you think you may be entitled to claim free school meals for your child, please download this form and fill it in. If you need any help filling in the form, we are happy to help.
If you prefer, you can ask at the school office for a paper copy of the form. You can hand it in at the office and we will send it in for you or you can take it directly to the council offices yourself.
If you think you may be eligible to claim, please do. For every child eligible for free school meals, the school receives additional "Pupil Premium" funding which is spent on ensuring our children are supported to make the best possible progress in school.